Thursday, March 8, 2007

Faulty click on your blogs' adsense link

Last week, I brought my laptop along to a meeting with a group of people. So, while we were hanging around, I passed my laptop to another person. She was surfing my multiple blogs and clicking on the links.

Meanwhile, I was chatting with the others. Then, something occured to me. I cut my conversation, rushed to the person using my laptop and told her, ‘WHAT EVER YOU DO, DON’T EVER CLICK ON ANY OF THE LINKS YOU SEE THAT HAS ‘Ads by Google’!”

Huh? Why not?

Because these are advertisements inserted by Google Adsense and if you clicked on those links, then, I am dead!

Really?

Yes, it is that scary. So, you need to be careful that you don’t accidentally use any of those links.

Oh well, that got her paranoid and she stopped surfing my sites altogether.

So folks, remember to make sure that everyone using your PC knows this rule. I have forbidden my nephew from touching my sites altogether. They know how grave the situation is if they should touch those links. Touch it and my income dies.

Having said that, once I got a faulty mouse that clicks on its own. The pointer has gone haywire and once, it led me to a Google Adsense advertiser’s site. I immediately wrote to Google, explained the situation and give them the link that I (or rather my screwed up mouse) had accidentally clicked. They let me off with a warning with the usual TOS - bla-bla-bla you must not click on your ads so-on and so-on.

Moral of the story : Always play clean and nice if you want to make a living online. Doing dirty tricks will not last you long and moreover, do you feel good getting money from cheating?

by 5Xmom

http://www.5xmom.com/index.php/category/google-adsense/

Labels:

posted by paymedollar at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home