Friday, February 13, 2009

Model glad to be back in the city

KYLIE Anne Chapman was born in Australia but spent her first few years in a Chinese school in Kuala Lumpur, until she was whisked back to Perth for the next few years, before recently returning to the place she had visited many times over the years.
“I have always wanted to come back ever since I moved away.
“There’s always something to do here, and I love the nightlife.
Good experience: Chapman said that modelling was challenging and had taught her a lot.
“Plus most of my family is here,” the 23-year-old model and host, who has been living in KL for about a year now, said.
Chapman, who is of Chinese and Australian parentage, is the resident host of Mad About Dodgeball (MAD) events and looks forward to the many events planned for this year.
“I enjoy doing things that help people in any way, especially kids. Dodgeball is a great sport that’s going to be a big thing and I’m happy to be a part of it,” said Kylie, who is fluent in Mandarin and speaks conversational Cantonese.
“Mandarin was my first language, I spoke it until I was about six,” the commerce graduate said.
“I was this white kid who spoke Chinese and I was a bit of an outcast.
“Then, when I moved to Australia I was this Chinese kid who didn’t speak English,” she added, laughing.
Since returning to KL, Chapman hasn’t had much trouble adjusting to life back here, except sleeping in an air-conditioned room and waking up thirsty, and enjoys the release modelling gives her.
“It’s just an escape, pretending to be someone else for a little while. It’s very relaxing,” she said of her modelling stints.
“Of course, it’s challenging as well. I’ve had to get used to rejection and it’s made me a lot stronger and thick-skinned,” she said.
What do you like about KL?
The mamak stalls – I like that I have access to food any time I want. The taxis! You can hail one down anywhere and they’ll take you wherever you want.
What do you dislike about KL?
The driving, it’s a bit aggressive for me. Sometimes it feels like if I put my indicator on, people are less likely to let me through.
What’s your favourite food?
Char kuay teow, pan mee, mangosteens, rambutans.
What do you do to relax?
I buy lots of girly DVDs, switch my brain off and just be a couch potato all day long.
Where’s your favourite place to hang out?
I love playing pool at the Social, Bangsar.

Source: The Star
http://www.thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2009/2/14/central/3264763&sec=central
posted by paymedollar at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home